HIPPY- Home Instruction Parents Preschooler and Youngsters. Travel Position
This is a paraprofessional position with responsibility for providing one-on-one curriculum instruction with parents, in their homes or in a community-based setting (for group meetings) and will supply the parent with weekly HIPPY (Home Instruction for Parents of Preschool Youngsters) packets. The position provides a broad range of services including developing and maintaining formal relationships within the community; develops and maintains linkage with various community resources; and to be a role model and advocate for families and children. The essential job functions are:
Maintain an active schedule/case load and has regular contact with clients, community resources and agency personnel.
Spend majority of time in the community with families enrolled in program.
Instruct the parent in the up-coming week’s material, using role play technique
Develop and maintain linkage with various community resources including churches, civic groups, clubs and organizations, law enforcement, schools, social human services and employment training services in the target community.
School Year 2021-20202
- Be a parent in the program, if possible.
- Be a well-functioning parent, showing maturity and understanding of her/his community.
- Identify with the local population and be able to work comfortably with parents in their homes.
- Show potential leadership, with good oral expression, appropriate reading skills, and good writing ability.
- Have an understanding of computer skills, be able to work online, and submit information at required timelines.
- Current credential requirements are:
a. Associate Degree in Early Childhood Education or Pass the Parapro Assessment.
b. CDA Certificate
c. A higher degree with 12 college hours in Early Childhood.
d. A staff member may be required to work under an approved Staff Qualifications Plan.
- Current professional development requirements are:
Pre-K Ella; ECH Frameworks; Index: Math and Science or EDELS; Social Emotional Learning; COPA, and 30 hours of staff development in ECH each year.
Belinda Ciganek or Amy Rottinghaus
Contact Phone Number:
Office at clinic, opportunity to work remotely, and travel to meet with children and families. Mileage reimbursement.