Bentonville Schools Child Enrichment
Adventure Club Group Teacher
Group Teacher Job Description
Title: Group Teacher for Child Enrichment Services Adventure Club
Qualifications: 18 years or older with a high school diploma or GED
Reports To: Adventure Club Site Supervisor
Location: Bentonville School District Elementary or Middle Schools
Job Goals: Provide a fun, safe, stimulating, and educational environment for children
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Interactions with Youth
- Plans for and implements pleasant arrivals and departures.
- Uses routines as a time to build relationships and learning opportunities.
- Shows respect for youth and encourages respectful interactions.
- Uses Conscious Discipline language to build relationships and strengthen youth’s social and emotional competencies.
- Uses indirect and direct guidance techniques.
- Supports youth as they learn to resolve their own conflicts.
- Strives to meet each youth’s individual needs.
- Involves youth in the planning of activities and program space.
Activities and Environment
- Maintains a clean, organized, inviting environment that is safe and developmentally appropriate.
- Plans and implements a variety of engaging learning experiences through weekly lesson plans. Incorporates STEM Projects.
- Uses the outdoors as part of the learning environment.
- Teaches and provides guidance for the development of good health habits.
- Plans and implements a daily schedule that meets the needs of individual youth.
- Accepts responsibility for shared space.
- Ensures materials are rotated and sanitized and recalled or broken items are disposed of. Link for recalls is posted for parents and on site devices.
- Maintains youth portfolios and updates weekly.
- Successfully implements Program Quality Assessment standards.
- Meets program attendance requirements as outlined in the personnel handbook. Clocks in/out at assigned time and submits time off into Frontline or calls ESS. Is punctual.
- Maintains professional appearance following program dress code.
- Open to new ideas and takes initiative.
- Accepts responsibility for job-related tasks, including documentation and all record keeping.
- Meets program expectations regarding job performance as outlined in the personnel handbook.
- Meets program expectations for professional developments as outlined in the personnel handbook.
- Attends all staff meetings.
- Knows and follows emergency and risk management procedures.
- Keeps site supervisor apprised of individual youth and group’s status.
- Completes all Better Beginnings requirements.
- Accepts all assignments given by supervisors.
- Maintains all program requirements: minimum licensing, program policies and Program Quality Assessment
- Complete yearly self-evaluation.
- Uses good judgment and keep information confidential.
Interactions with Parents and Staff
- Works to build positive relationships with parents, co-workers, school personnel and others.
- Communicates effectively with parents, co-workers and others daily; avoids gossip.
- Works as part of a team with concern for the entire program and is flexible.
- Assists in planning family involvement activities to strengthen families.
Additional qualifications include enjoyment of youth, good mental and physical health, respect for diverse cultural backgrounds, willingness to complete training requirements, and willingness to undergo background checks required by law.
Work Hours: 1:30-6:00 during school year ● Monday- Friday ● 40 hours a week during summer and holiday breaks
Additional hours available: 5:45-7:30 am ● evenings, weekends and holidays off
Salary Range: $13.00-$13.88/hour Currently offering an attendance bonus!
Qualifications: Must be 18 years old and have a minimum of a high school diploma.
Benefits: FREE life insurance, health insurance, sick pay, teacher retirement, and more….
Apply online at: https://www.applitrack.com/bentonville/onlineapp/
Click on Childcare Enrichment Services and APPLY for the job you are interested in!
Contact Phone Number: