Sunshine school & Development Center
$500 Sign On Bonus – Payable after completion of 90 days of employment!
Benefit Eligible Package Includes:
Health, Dental, Vision
Flexible Spending – Medical
Paid time off including Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
Short and Long term disability
Paid training hours
The Teacher Assistant works in cooperation with and under the supervision of the Lead Classroom Teacher. The assistant works with the Lead Teacher to provide individual and group instruction to children in self-help, cognitive, motor, social, and communication skills.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
Assists the Lead Teacher with the maintenance of a classroom management system that promotes the development of all children.
Works efficiently with assigned teacher so that duties are well coordinated
· Carries out plan designed by teacher
· Assists children with self-care skills, i.e. toileting, diapering, washing
· Recognizes tasks that need to be completed without teacher request
· Supervises outside play and sees to the welfare, health, and safety of each child present
Provides individual, small group and/or group instruction using appropriate behavior management techniques.
· Manages undesirable behaviors by using behavior management techniques that are appropriate for the situation.
· Avoids use of negative (“no”, “you can’t”, etc.) whenever feasible.
· Requests teacher assistance when child specific behavior plan is needed.
Provides individual and/or small group instruction using appropriate teaching techniques.
· Keeps verbal instruction/input brief and appropriate to language level of student.
· Allows adequate time for response.
· Provides only necessary assistance to gain most independent response possible.
· Provides immediate reinforcement and/or reinforcement as needed.
· Provides knowledge of results (i.e. you picked up the toys so we could go outside).
Maintains a portfolio for each child showing their progression of skills in each area.
Assists with miscellaneous housekeeping chores including meal preparation and cleanup.
Carries out the responsibilities of the Lead Teacher in the teacher’s absence.
Acquires a minimum of 25 hours in relevant staff development and training activities annually.
Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications indicating possession of the knowledge, skills and abilities of the position:
Minimum of High School diploma or G.E.D.
Minimum of 1 year experience working with atypically developing children or preschool children.
Ability to lift children weighing up to 40 pounds.
Background clearance with The Child Abuse Registry and Arkansas State Police.
Successful completion of a drug screen.
This position is based the annual school calendar (218 days).
Monday-Friday 7:15 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. or 7:30-3:15, plus additional custodial duties and training as specified by the supervising ECDS and/or Special Education Manager.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.00 – $18.00 per hour
Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
All staff members must:
Vaccinate for COVID 19 prior to, or within 40 days of hire date.
Visitors must pass screening before allowed in the building.
Contact Phone Number:
(479)636-3190 ext 149