UAMS Kids First
Child Development Technician
Summary Of Job Duties
This position is located in Springdale, Arkansas.
KIDS FIRST serves children with special healthcare needs ranging in age from six weeks to five years. In our pediatric day healthcare clinics, children diagnosed as having a medical condition known to place them at risk for developmental delays and disabilities receive intensive intervention.
The Child Development Technician assists the Early Childhood Development Specialist in providing care and intervention to a group of young children birth to age 5 with developmental delays and special medical needs.
- High school diploma/GED PLUS 6 months experience in child care.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development or a related field, CDA, or a Child Care Orientation Training (CCOT) Certificate and can be substituted for the experience requirement.
Candidate must pass state abuse registry checks, drug screen, submit to a TB skin test and required immunizations or provide proof of immunizations.
- Provides quality direct patient care for a group of young children including serving mealtimes, assisting with feeding, diapering, and dressing.
- Providing developmentally appropriate behavioral guidance within daily scheduled activities.
- Follow the direction of the ECDS to provide individualized developmental services of their assigned treatment rooms in a manner that is child-centered, family focused, and demonstrates evidence-based or best practice.
- Establishes exciting learning environments for young children and apply curriculum to address the objectives contained in each child’s treatment plan.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Constant Physical Activity:
Hear, Taste or Smell
Frequent Physical Activity:
Stand, Walk, Talk, Use hands to touch, handle or feel, Read, Concentrate, Think Analytically,
Occasional Physical Activity:
Sit, Bend, crawl, crouch, kneel, stoop, reach overhead,
Lift/Carry Weight: 26 – 50 lbs
Push/Pull Weight: 26-50 lbs
Physical Environment: Inside Classroom Setting & Medical Facility Environment
Noise Level: Moderate
Visual Requirements: Near Visual Acuity, Far Visual Acuity, Color Discrimination, Depth Perception
Contact Phone Number:
479-750-0130 ext. 65351