Children spend more than 11,500 hours in a childcare setting before entering the public school system
What is an early childhood professional association?
An opportunity exists when you join a professional association. Our professional association consists of people who gather together for networking events, who are interested in gaining knowledge and to support the standards for our profession.
What We Offer
- Information about infants/toddlers
- Access to verified training through the Arkansas Early Childhood Professional Development System
- CEU’s for AECA training
- Reduced conference rates to AECA & SECA conferences
- Networking opportunities through local affiliations or chapters
- Full membership in the Southern Early Childhood Association
- Best practices in childcare and early childhood education
Over 50 years of service
For over 50 years AECA has worked for quality care and education for the children of Arkansas. In conjunction with its affiliation with the Southern Early Childhood Association (SECA), a 13 state regional organization, our goal is to:
Expand professional growth opportunities
Contribute to state policy on childhood education
Support public policy issues for southern children
Who should join?
- Infant/toddler or preschool caregiver
- Kindergarten or primary teacher
- Head Start director or teacher
- Child care administrator
- Elementary school administrator
- Family child care provider
- Advocates for children
- School-age provider
- Teacher educator
- Many More
AECA hosts conferences that exemplify trends in our field and research proven strategies to use in classrooms and for family engagement .
Years serving the community
Become a Member
Join today and learn from the best educators in Arkansas.
58th Annual AECA Conference
October 24-26, 2019
Pre-conference sessions begin on the 23rd.
Get In Touch
We would love to hear from you. Please fill out the contact form and someone will be in touch with you soon. We wish you well!