Arkansas Family Child Care Association (AFCCA)
Join the Arkansas Professional Development Registry !
The Professional Development Registry (PDR) has ARRIVED!
- Did you know that you have to be a member in PDR to receive credit for those hours spent at any training
- Did you know that pre-registration is required for all members in PDR
- Not Yet a Member? Click Here .https://pdregistry.arkansas.gov/Member/MemberApplication/Section1
As a child care provider, you have a crucial role to play in children’s bright futures. The Better Beginnings initiative is a good way to start. Better Beginnings is a voluntary system administered by the Department of Human Services that sets a quality rating of the enrolled child care providers. The program also serves as a resource for parents and families looking for child care.
Motto – Family Childcare – Where loving and learning begins.
Mission Statement : To unite family childcare homes in Arkansas in providing quality early childhood care and education to the children in our state; to develop and foster relationships and partnerships with their families; to provide mentorship and trainings to family childcare home providers ; to celebrate the uniqueness of each family childcare home ; and to be a voice in early childhood care and education legislation in the cities, counties , districts , and that state of Arkansas.
Minimum standards :
Caring Conversations Cafe Model
Curricula Concepts, Inc. partnered with Zero to Three National Center for Infants, Toddlers and Families and University of Arkansas-ECEP to bring Arkansas a unique parent-provider connection opportunity called Caring Conversations Café Model. The Café is guided by table hosts who have specific questions for discussion on topics relevant to families. It gives parents, and other family members, a chance to share their experience and listen to what other parents are going through. It’s a great way to strengthen relationships between families and child care providers as well as build social connections between families.
Seven Cafe Topics
- Building Strong Parent Provider Partnerships
- Helping Children Develop Self-Esteem from Day One
- Building a Healthy Brain
- The Importance of Culture
- What Should I Know About Temperament
- Understanding Challenging Behaviors in Young Children
- Taking Care of Myself When a Child Pushes My Buttons
For more information or to book a cafe email –