Step Up to WAGE$ – Application
Step Up to WAGE$ is an education-based wage supplement initiative that pays semi-annual stipends to Birth-5 teaching staff in centers and family homes. These stipends are based on the level of education as well as continuous work hours in the same child care program during a six-month certification period. AECA will be using our American Rescue Plan Act funding to begin this program. While it is a temporary fix (and what we hope will transition into permanent funding), we believe it is necessary to act now with some sort of plan to raise wages and help our programs keep qualified staff.
𝗣𝗹𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗲 𝗻𝗼𝘁𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗔𝗘𝗖𝗔 𝘄𝗲𝗯𝘀𝗶𝘁𝗲 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗼𝗻𝗹𝘆 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝗰𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗰𝗮𝗻 𝗮𝗽𝗽𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗦𝘁𝗲𝗽 𝗨𝗽 𝘁𝗼 𝗪AGE$ 𝗶𝗻 𝗔𝗿𝗸𝗮𝗻𝘀𝗮𝘀. 𝗢𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗴𝗿𝗮𝗺𝘀 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝗮𝗰𝗰𝗲𝗽𝘁 𝗮𝗽𝗽𝗹𝗶𝗰𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝗔𝗿𝗸𝗮𝗻𝘀𝗮𝘀.
Have application questions? We can help!
Call 1-501-680-1930 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- You must be a teacher, assistant teacher, floater, director, assistant director, or family child care provider at a licensed child care center or family child care home in Arkansas.
- You must have a CDA or at least 12 credit hours of birth to 5 formal coursework
- You must work at least 10 hours per week with children ages birth – 5.
- You must earn below the income cap of $23 per hour.
- Download our application or give us a call at 479-287-6236 to request one be mailed or scanned to you. When filling out the application please make sure you complete the entire form. Please note your employer is also responsible for filling out and signing a portion of the application.
- Employee: Send a copy of a current paystub (we only need one) that accurately reflects your normal schedule. If you regularly work 40 hours a week, your paystub should reflect that.
- Family Child Care Educator: Submit your Schedule C from the most recent tax year
- Facility owner: Please supply your most recent 1040 tax form, all supporting schedules, and the W-2 form. If you file jointly, the W-2 forms from both parties must be submitted. Additional tax documentation may be requested if necessary.
- Participants must submit official transcripts by mail for ALL college coursework completed at a regionally accredited college or university. Official transcripts are generally printed on special school paper for security purposes and may also feature a stamped school seal. Copied or faxed transcripts cannot be accepted. Workshops and training hours are not acceptable documentation.
Send your completed applications and required documents to:
Step Up to WAGE$ Arkansas
Arkansas Early Childhood Association
P.O. Box 2520
Bentonville, AR 72712