Lonoke First United Methodist Church Child Care Center
Childcare Teacher Job Description
Childcare Teacher is to perform all duties necessary to ensure that children’s basic needs are taken care of. The Childcare
Teacher’s responsibilities include feeding and grooming children, introducing children to new, age-appropriate hobbies, and sanitizing all toys and play areas. You should also be able to identify and address behavioral problems.
To be successful as a Childcare Teacher, you should be able to maintain progress reports of all children under your care. Ultimately, an exceptional Childcare Teacher will cultivate a safe and loving environment that is conducive to growth and learning.
Childcare Teacher Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Child Development Certification (CDA) is advantageous. • Proven experience working as a Childcare Teacher.
- Certification in first aid and CPR is preferred.
- Clear criminal background check.
- In-depth understanding of childhood development.
- Strong conflict resolution skills. • Excellent communication skills. • Attentive and patient.
Childcare Teacher Job Duties:
- Provide basic care for children which includes feeding, grooming, and changing diapers/toilet training.
- Teach proper handwashing skills to children.
- Teach/Develop age-appropriate socialization skills in children.
- Encourage positive behavior and good manners.
- Use various learning methods such as stories, games and drawing to intellectually stimulate children.
- Read/Sing with children.
- Follow weekly, themed lesson plans.
- Read/Teach Daily Bible Lessons at Breakfast.
- Identify behavioral problems and develop appropriate strategies to address them.
- Attend staff meetings, conferences, and workshops.
- Teach children to take pride in classroom and classroom belongings by teaching them to treat toys with respect and to clean up properly when finished playing.
- Keep (anecdotal) records of child development for parent/teacher conferences.
- Hold regular parent-teacher meetings to inform parents of child’s progress and to address any issues, concerns, or parent complaints.
- Provide a pleasant, safe, and sanitary environment.
- Communicate with parents and provide updates on children’s progress.
- Directly supervise children during outside play time.
- Follow daily schedule posted in room.
Pay starting at $12 per hour for entry level staff.
Discounted childcare tuition
Simple IRA through VOYA
Continued education assistance
4 hours PTO accrued each month
1 week paid vacation after a year of employment
Contact Phone Number: